Tyler The Creator tour canned

August 10, 2015 5:25 am 0 comments Views: 2
Tour ban ... Tyler The Creator has cancelled his Australian tour after a campaign to have

Tour ban … Tyler The Creator has cancelled his Australian tour after a campaign to have him refused a visa was launched online.
Source: AP

AMERICAN rapper Tyler The Creator has canned his Australian tour which was the target of an online campaign run by activists protesting against lyrical content, which glorified violence against women.

Tyler claimed last month he had been banned from bringing his Cherry Bomb World Tour to Australia because of a Collective Shout petition urging Immigration Minister Peter Dutton not to issue the rapper with a visa.

His promoter Frontier Touring clarified that he had not prohibited from entering the country but there were issues for his visa.

But today they confirmed the tour was off.

“We would much rather come to Australia when it isn’t surrounded in controversy. I love my fans there and hopefully I’ll be back soon. Don’t do drugs,” Tyler said in a statement issued by Frontier.

Women involved in Collective Shout, which state on their website they are a campaigning movement protesting the “objectification of women and sexualisation of girls in media, advertising and popular culture”, have previously been trolled on social media for speaking out against Tyler The Creator’s music.

She became the target on online bullying from his fans, with the rapper again taking to Twitter to distance himself from the anti-social behaviour.

Collective Shout posted Frontier’s announcement of the cancellation with the word “WIN!”

“Frontier Touring sincerely apologises to all those affected by this cancellation. Existing ticketholders are entitled to a refund …,” the promoter said with details via frontiertouring.com

www.news.com.au/entertainment/music

Leave a Reply